Studying and Living in Thailand
Studying and living in Thailand is very convenient and well organised. Cost of living as well as education is extremely affordable in Thailand. Students can also opt for medical services even if they do not have health insurance cover, due to reasonable fees charged by clinics and hospitals here. Traveling in Thailand is greatly facilitated by public transport.
Social Life and Accommodation in Thailand
You can get 30 to 40 m2 room in a well established building for approximately THB 4500. Wireless internet, water as well as power together will cost around THB 5500 per month. Students should ensure that their apartment is located near the campus. Taxicabs are expensive but even then. Those who do not want to spend money on health insurance can visit a doctor for getting medicine. Medical treatment such as a simple dental procedure only costs around 300 THB. With a budget between 10,000 to 20,000 THB, one can easily lead a pleasant life and engage in social activities alongside studies. A typical weekend at the beach including transport costs a mere 1000 THB.
Essentials to Remember in Thailand
- From finding the correct program to asking the right queries, bureaucratic processes can impede the admission process unless precautions are taken
- While some universities follow the academic schedule of the education Ministry, others follow the British semester system
- For the former, the first semester lasts from June to October while the second lasts from November to March. April and may constitute the summer session. Many universities follow the British Academic year wherein the first semester lasts from August to December while summer session is from may to August and second semester is January to May.
- Some programs are offered in trimesters-there is no summer break. This is most likely for graduate one year programs.
- Credits earned at Thai universities can be transferred to a university in the country of origin
- World class education such as Asian Institute of Technology and Sasin Graduate School at Thailand are well known across the world
- Cost of living in Thailand is extremely reasonable and education is also affordable.
- Public transport is a easy way to move from one place to another
- For ease in financial transactions, make sure you open a bank account in Thailand
- Health insurance is readily available at private agencies, but cost of medical services in Thailand is also very reasonable
- Food and living conditions are also affordable as is accommodation
- Visa processing is simplified for international students- you can get your visa renewed every 90 days.
Higher education in Thailand is characterized by top class education, excellent faculty, well designed educational programs and courses as well as reasonable cost of living and studying making it the ideal choice for international students from across the globe.