Thailand as Study Destination
Thailand is an attractive study destination. Well qualified teachers, professional skills, personal development and cultural growth are just some of the reasons why Thailand is a preferred educational destination. Thailand is the best option for students who want to excel in academia or industry. There are several reasons why Thailand is the preferred educational destination.
- Its geographical location is of strategic significance. Thailand is situated at the centre of the ASEAN and Greater Mekong Sub-region
- MasterCard Index of Global Destination Cities has found Bangkok to be the world’s most popular destination by air
- It is home to the most sought after travel locations across the globe from tropical island systems to mountain ranges
- Bangkok is a hub for several industries. It has a low cost of living compared to other global cities.
- Thailand has an educational atmosphere that is suitable for global education seekers from high schools to universities and higher education providers.
- Higher education institutions are characterized into 4 types namely research/postgraduate educational institutions, specialised universities, 4 year varsities and colleges of liberal arts and finally community college.
- Around 1017 global courses have been offered at Thai universities. Around 344 are for bachelor’s degree courses while 394 are for master’s degree and 249 are for doctorates. Around 30 courses are for programs for training.
Higher education in Thailand is well organized, comprehensive and systematic. Students from a vast number of Asian and Western countries apply for higher studies here each year. Thai education system aims at holistic development of the students and their intellectual as well as professional growth.